ONE-OF-A-KIND BLUESTONE VILLA - Sensational views from Hills to Coastline
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >>||1 of 34|
33-35 South Terrace, Semaphore, SA 5019
6 Bed | 2 Bath | 2 Car
Property ID: SA1920183
* This spectacular bluestone villa is well known throughout Semaphore and the Peninsula. What may not be known is how stunning the views are all throughout this grand home; they really must be experienced to be believed.
* Rich with history and now offering modern comforts combined with ornate details, what an outstanding opportunity this is. The property was built circa 1882 by renowned Sea Captain James Henry Gibbon.
* As was typical for a Sea Captain's home, the design was above sand-dune level, allowing for family members to look out to sea, whilst they awaited their loved one's return.
However, there is nothing typical about this home, which is abundant with exquisite period details.
* Present owner has enthusiastically enhanced existing characteristics of the era. Carefully sourced ornamental plaster work has highlighted elegant features, such as the grand marble fireplaces.
* Other additions include English wallpaper, stained and polished floor boards, fresh carpeting to the formal lounge room and feature walls throughout.
Key features over the three levels include:
* Impeccable landscaping, front and back
* Lock-up garaging for two vehicles, with further off-street parking
* Kitchen boasts Parbury cabinetry, lead light detailing and granite bench tops
* Kitchen/dine also features Italian tiled splash back and 24 carat gold feature lights
* Updated chandeliers throughout
* Varied, lofty ceiling heights
* All fireplaces are working, with updated marble chimney breasts
* Slate tiling added throughout
* A total of six spacious bedrooms over two levels
* Main bedroom features bay window
* Separate study on ground level
* Designated storeroom, plus under stair storage
* Two bathrooms, including main with dual vanity
* Immense games/dining room includes bluestone feature wall
* Games room is equipped for entertaining, with kitchenette
* Two balconies to enjoy views, front and side
* Ceiling fans and built-in robes throughout
* Dine poolside in the gazebo or pavilion
* Updated fencing
* Inground, solar-heated salt-chlorinated swimming pool
* Additional storage, plus original external outhouse
* Rainwater tanks to aid gardening
* 6 kw solar system for tremendous savings on energy
* The intricate details and improvements have done this commanding home justice and allowed it to sail into this new century with elegance.
* Simply amazing views are in keeping with the impressive home – enjoy seeing all the way to the airport and Glenelg, as well as the city, Port Adelaide and Adelaide Oval.
* Should you reside here, will you be playing host next New Years Eve, where you can take in three different sets of fireworks, simultaneously?
* Located just a short stroll from the Esplanade and the vibrant Semaphore Road strip, this property's enticing location allows for making the most of the coast.
Situated on 2 titles
1. 15.24 x 33.83
2. 15.24 x 33.83
Combined total area = 1,031 m2
If you've been waiting for this one to become available, don't delay
CALL ROSALIE GRICKAGE ON 0419 032 042 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
"The best compliment you can give me is a referral to your family and friends"
View CENTURY 21 Beachside & Lakes
PH: 08 8242 1233
Mobile: 0419 032 042
Email: Email Me